Last Updated: 12/8/2019
Metro Atlanta Association of Professionals (MAAP) is an inclusive, diverse, business networking group that focuses on connecting and developing LGBTQ+ professionals in Metro Atlanta. Our key values are authenticity, inclusion, kindness, respect, and community support. To help us uphold these values, please follow the below guidelines whether you are a guest, member, volunteer, or board member. By joining MAAP or attending our events, you agree to abide by our code of conduct.
- Uphold the values of the Metro Atlanta Association of Professionals when meeting new people and chatting with old friends. We are a diverse group and want to ensure people of all minority groups feel welcome and included in MAAP spaces.
- Be ethical. Act ethically in every professional interaction and encourage the ethical actions of those around you.
- Ask for people’s pronouns and supply your own. Supplying your pronouns first and then asking their’s sets a good example and helps our transgender and non-binary members feel welcome and included.
- Guests are expected to not treat MAAP events as a space to meet new romantic and/or sexual partners.
- Harassment of any kind against other guests, volunteers, or venue staff will not be tolerated. This includes, but is not limited to, derogatory or insensitive comments or actions that otherwise promote a negative environment due to someone’s race, color, creed, religion, sex, marital status, parental status, familial status, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
- Volunteers should be polite and professional when acting on behalf of MAAP in any capacity whether over email, phone, in person, or other mode of communication.
- MAAP ambassadors should hold their events and themselves to the same standard as traditional MAAP events and volunteers.
- All board members and volunteers are expected to refrain from using their position for personal, material or financial gain or the appearance of such.